Thursday, April 30, 2015

Katie's April Post: All Around You

I read "The Weighing" by Jane Hirshfield. I really liked this poem. It had really great description and a great meaning behind it. I found it very interesting and enjoyable to read/listen too. Overall it was just really great and I really liked the whole thing.


My Poem:

All Around You


If you listen closely,
and you close your eyes.
You realize something,
that just seemed to pass by.


Something different,
yet nothing really new.
You're feeling, something.
A feeling that's true.

Just stop a moment.
Just please calm down.
You're moving to quickly.
You'll miss all around.

You're growing up swiftly.
Just a little to fast.
Stay here a moment,
so this feeling can last.

Take a second.
Notice the truth.
Truly you're missing,
what's all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment