Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Post - Ryan Bethers

Ryan Bethers P.2

I listened to the poem “Cotton Candy”. I really liked the way he described the walk with his grandpa. He was very specific about every detail on what he thought in his mind and what the scene of being on the bridge looked like.

Basketball!

Basketball is a very fun sport to play,
you can practice almost any day.
there is always something new to learn,
for instance you can break ankles by doing a turn.

Whistle blows and the game starts,
we whizz around the court like darts.
Slamming the ball hard on the floor,
the only way to win is to score.

In a basketball game there is only one way to fame,
working together with your teammates will make it possible to win the game.
all you can hear is the coach screaming a play out loud,
though when we score the coach becomes very proud.

My basketball shoes could make me fly,
on the court I could jump so high.
I wasn’t the best on my team,
but I certainly was in my dreams.


1 comment:

  1. Great writing, clearly describes a basketball game environment.

    "working together with your teammates will make it possible to win the game"

    This line seems a lot longer than the others. Maybe you could shorten it a bit?

    ReplyDelete