Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Blog Post-Shayli Habibian





I chose “Cotton Candy” read by Edward Hirsch. I really liked this poem because it was really descriptive on how the cotton candy’s appearance was. When the author described the cotton candy it was as if the cotton candy was melting in my mouth and I could picture it right there in front of me! This was an excellent poem. I really liked it.


What is it?

The game that started in the 19th century.
Red dirt with white bases.
Sunflower seeds that choose to fly out of your mouth at any time,
The yellow ball that has stitching as red as blood,
You bat, catch, and throw.

The wind breezes through your hair as your up to home base
Smack the ball so hard to where it hits the outfield,
Home Run is calling your name.
Victory!!
Its not to hard to guess by now..

What is it?

1 comment:

  1. Good job Shayli you are a good writer. I liked the creativity of your poem. I really liked the way that you described everything, making it possible to really understand what it was like. The only thing that I would change is that I would make your poem a little longer because it was so good. Otherwise it's fine.

    ReplyDelete